Exceptional Service to Country and to Clients
T.K. Moffett is well known to many people in Tupelo and throughout Mississippi. Born the ninth child in a poor family, he grew up to share the stage with American presidents and be personal friends with numerous national political leaders.
Among his many accomplishments, he is:
- A former Chancery Judge
- An experienced trial lawyer which has tried hundreds of cases in both Alabama and Mississippi.
- A highly-decorated retired Major General in the U.S. Army Reserves. He is the recipient of the Army Distinguished Service Medal, two Legions of Merit medals and a multitude of other military awards. He served several years in tanks.
- A West Point graduate, with an MA and a Ph.D. (all but dissertation) in political science as well as a law degree
- One of three National Guard Officers selected to attend a one-year, Harvard University National Security Fellowship
- A former prosecutor
- A two-time candidate for Congress
- A teacher: He taught political science at the University of MS; he was an adjunct professor of law at the University of Mississippi, Tupelo campus, taught American History at Itawamba Community College, and taught Political Science at Northwest Community College.
- The founder of the Moffett Leadership Institute. He has lectured widely on issues of ethics and leadership
- A Baptist Deacon
Despite his wealth of legal and life experience, attorney Moffett has never forgotten what it was like to be poor and powerless. As a lawyer, he is an aggressive advocate for those who have been injured, wronged, arrested or are facing a financial crisis. He will not allow opponents to take advantage of his clients.
The Lawyers to Call if You’ve Never Called a Lawyer Before
In 1980, Attorney T. K. Moffett founded Moffett Law Firm, P.L.L.C., in Tupelo. Since that time he has built a reputation for providing quality legal representation to clients throughout Mississippi and Alabama.
A Full-Service Law Firm
As a full-service law firm, we are proud to focus our practice on helping real people with real issues that need real solutions. We represent people who have been injured by negligence, hurt by medical malpractice, or arrested for a crime. We also help disabled people obtain Social Security Disability benefits.
Personal Service to Clients
We care! We never forget that the problems that bring people to our doorstep can seem overwhelming. Many of our clients have never consulted a lawyer before. We take the time to listen to their concerns, answer their questions and guide them through the legal process in a way that sets them at ease. We never talk down to our clients. We return phone calls promptly if we are unable to speak with a client immediately.
Our firm’s philosophy: Do the right thing. Do your best. Treat others the way you would like to be treated if you walked into a law office.
Your legal issue will not sit unattended at our law firm. Your attorney will promptly dig into the issues and take necessary actions to protect your interests. Whether they are seeking criminal defense representation or legal help after a car accident, clients appreciate knowing that we are on top of the situation.