The criminal defense attorneys of Moffett Law Firm, P.L.L.C., represent people in Mississippi and Alabama who have been arrested or charged with crimes. We believe strongly in upholding the rights of the accused, and we work hard to provide comprehensive, detailed defense strategies for our clients. After more than 30 years as Tupelo criminal defense attorneys, we have gained the in-depth knowledge and skill needed to be successful in tough criminal cases. We often employ experts, such as toxicologists, investigators, and medical doctors, whose testimony adds strength to our legal work.
A Record of Success in Challenging Cases
Our founder, T.K. Moffett is a former prosecutor who has a long record of success defending clients in state and federal court. He has successfully represented clients from misdemeanors to capital murder. We are effective trial lawyers dedicated to defending clients against a variety of charges, including:
- DWI/DUI charges: Even a first-time drunk driving arrest can result in a suspended license, stiff fines and, in some cases, jail time. Penalties are enhanced for every subsequent conviction. A third DUI in Mississippi and a fourth DUI in Alabama may be charged as a felony.
- Drug crimes: Including drug possession, distribution, trafficking, importation and manufacture of street drugs and prescription medications
- Juvenile crimes: We provide juvenile defense services to minors charged with crimes. We do our best to prevent a conviction from following the juvenile into adulthood.
- White collar crimes: Including fraud, embezzlement, forgery and employee theft
- Property crimes: Including theft, robbery, and burglary
- Domestic violence: If convicted, you will not be able to own or carry a firearm, serve in the military, pursue some advanced degrees or hold some professional licenses. You will not be treated equally in divorce or child custody arrangements.